[ Abstract ]

The objective of regional autonomy is that the regional government can be more flexible in designing its development strategy particularly in allocating regional expenditures. This study aims to examine the effect of regional financial performance on capital expenditure allocation and its implications on poverty and unemployment rate on the panel data study at West Sulawesi provincial government. This study  uses quantitative approach by using secondary data obtained through bibliography review. The data were analyzed with path analysis method and were processed by using Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS v.20). The analysis shows the value of coefficient of determination equal to 0.461 which means that the diversity of data that can be explained by the model is 46.1% while the remaining 53.9% by other variables that have not been in this model. It may be concluded that the direct effect of the regional original revenue effectiveness and efficiency have an effect on the allocation of capital expenditure while regional financial independence does not any effect on the allocation of capital expenditure. Capital expenditure allocation has an influence on the poverty level but does not indicate any effect on the unemployment rate. To measure the indirect influence, the study reveals one of three indicators of financial performance that is the effectiveness of the regional original revenue has an indirect influence on the poverty rate through the allocation of capital expenditure but does not have influence on the unemployment level. The other indicators of the regional financial performance that is the independence of the regional financial performance that is independence of the regional finance and the efficiency of regional finance indirectly does not have any influence on the poverty rate and unemployment level through the capital expenditure allocation.

 

Keywords: Financial performance, capital expenditure allocation, poverty ratel.


[ Abstrak ]

Tujuan otonomi daerah adalah agar pemerintah daerah akan lebih fleksibel dalam mengatur strategi pembangunannya khususnya dalam hal pengalokasian belanja daerah. Penelitian ini bertujuan untuk menguji pengaruh kinerja keuangan daerah terhadap alokasi belanja modal dan implikasinya pada tingkat kemiskinan dan tingkat pengangguran studi data panel pada pemerintah provinsi Sulawesi Barat. Penelitian ini menggunakan pendekatan kuantitatif dengan menggunakan data sekunder yang diperoleh dengan menggunakan metode studi kepustakaan. Data dianalisis menggunakan metode analisis jalur (path analysis) yang diolah dengan menggunakan program Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS v.20). Analisis SPSS menunjukkan nilai koefisien determinasi sama dengan 0,461 yang berarti bahwa keragaman data yang dapat dijelaskan oleh model tersebut adalah 46,1 % sedangkan sisanya 53,9 % oleh variabel lain yang belum terdapat pada model. Hasil penelitian menunjukkan pada uji pengaruh langsung efektifitas PAD dan efisiensi keuangan daerah berpengaruh terhadap alokasi belanja modal sedangkan kemandirian keuangan daerah tidak berpengaruh terhadap alokasi belanja modal. Alokasi belanja modal berpengaruh terhadap tingkat kemiskinan namun tidak berpengaruh terhadap tingkat pengangguran. Untuk analisis uji pengaruh tidak langsung menunjukkan satu dari tiga indikator kinerja keuangan yaitu efektifitas PAD secara tidak langsung berpengaruh pada tingkat kemiskinan melalui alokasi belanja modal namun tidak berpengaruh terhadap tingkat pengangguran. Sedangkan indikator kinerja keuangan lainnya yaitu kemandirian keuangan daerah dan efisiensi keuangan daerah secara tidak langsung tidak berpengaruh pada tingkat kemiskinan dan pengangguran melalui alokasi belanja modal.

 

Kata kunci: Kinerja keuangan, alokasi belanja modal, tingkat kemiskinan